Ayodhya Dhaam Junction: A trip to Shri Ram Mandir Ayodhya

 The Ayodhya trip had always been a dream for me since I started traveling. I harbored a deep desire to visit and immerse myself in the unique atmosphere of this city, which holds a special place in the hearts of people in India, particularly among Hindus. Ayodhya is revered as a holy city due to its association with Lord Shri Ram, considered the birthplace of the deity, as documented in the Ramcharitmanas. Now its time to reconstruct the home of lord Shree Ram. And Pran Pratishtha ceremony of Shri Ram Mandir Ayodhya will be on 22nd Jan2024.

 

Shri Ram Mandir Ayodhya

"This trip, like many others, was unplanned, and I had to make a sacrifice by leaving my job for it, but it was entirely worth it."

A friend of mine was getting married in Gonda, near Ayodhya, in June 2013. Seizing the golden opportunity to fulfill my dream of visiting Ayodhya, I started planning. Despite applying for a 10-day leave, I was granted only 3 days by my office. Facing the ultimatum that I had to return within 3 days or leave the company, I chose to resign, confident in my ability to secure a new job. I believed that the chance to explore Ayodhya was too significant to pass up.

The journey unfolded like a fairy tale and played out like a movie script. Let the adventure begin.

We booked a train from New Delhi Railway Station to Faizabad Railway Station to reach Ayodhya. Departing at 5:30 PM on May 31, 2013, the train journey took approximately 22 hours. However, a friend fell ill just before reaching the railway station. Despite seeking medical attention and the doctor advising against the journey, he insisted on attending the important function. After a failed attempt to rest for an hour, his condition worsened.

Unable to catch the original train, we devised an alternate plan to take a bus from Delhi to Kanpur or Lucknow. At the Anand Vihar Bus Terminal, we encountered a private chartered bus heading to Lucknow, but to our dismay, the driver deceived passengers by dropping them in a village near Kanpur. Faced with a difficult situation, we eventually reached Kanpur Railway Station and took a government bus to Lucknow, followed by a train to Ayodhya.

Arriving in Ayodhya just five minutes before the scheduled celebration, we made it in the nick of time. The trip continued with exploration of Saryu Ghat and Hanuman Garhi, creating lasting memories of a journey filled with twists and turns. It was indeed one of the most special and unforgettable trips of my life. If you are thinking about to visit Shri Ayodhya Dham, just go to Travel Adda for the affordable tour Packsges to Ayodhya. They are very supportive and cooperative to make your travel easy.

Comments